As per online dictionaries, Naturopathy is a system or method of treating disease that employs no surgery or synthetic drugs but uses special diets, herbs, vitamins, massage, etc., to assist the natural healing processes.
Naturopathy avoids drugs & surgery, and emphasizes the use of natural agents such as air, water and herbs, and physical means as tissue manipulation and electrotherapy.
Naturopathy can be best described as a collection of therapies or methods of treatment that share a common philosophy of health care.
The ideology of Naturopathic is to focus on substances that occur naturally, negligible use of invasive (puncture or incision) methods, and encouragement to natural healing. Naturopaths generally have an intuitive and vitalistic conception of the body; they completely reject biomedicine and modern science. Naturopathy emphasizes on a healthy diet & lifestyle, with minimal use of pharmaceutical drugs and surgery.
Naturopathic doctors are guided by 6 fundamental healing principles:
1. First, to do no harm, by using methods and medicines that minimize the risk of harmful side effects. Naturopathic Physicians achieve this by utilizing methods and medical substances that minimize the risk of harmful side effects, avoiding the harmful suppression of symptoms, and acknowledging, respecting and working with the individual's natural healing process.
2. To treat the causes of disease, by identifying and removing the underlying causes of illness, rather than suppressing symptoms. Naturopathic Physicians look beyond the symptoms to the underlying cause.
3. To teach the principles of healthy living and preventative medicine, by sharing knowledge with patients and encouraging individual responsibility for health.
4. To heal the whole person through individualized treatment, by understanding the unique physical, mental, emotional, genetic, environmental and social factors that contribute to illness, and customizing treatment protocols to the patient.
5. To emphasize prevention, by partnering with the patient to assess risk factors and recommend appropriate naturopathic interventions to maintain health and prevent illness.
6. To support the healing power of the body, by recognizing and removing obstacles to the body's inherent self-healing process.
To experience the benefits of naturopathy contact Brian Yusem at brian@maximLRG.com